Re: [stella] [Stella] Help on emulators needed

Subject: Re: [stella] [Stella] Help on emulators needed
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 11:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> And how about the price of your cart? Wouldn't it be very
> expensive to have that much RAM and ROM?

I know it's apples and oranges, but have you looked at SIMM and DIMM
prices these days?  Shouldn't 2600 cart components follow the same laws of
memory prices as the rest of the computer industry?

This was why I thought it was unfortunate that today's developers were
sticking to a very constraining cart format (4K) when cost should no
longer be a factor (at least after the new boards are designed and
manufactured).

I'd definitely like to see what could be done on the 2600 when taking
advantage of really high capacity cartridges the same way I'd love to see
multiload Starpath games with dozens of loads.  Game depth on the 2600 is
no longer a technological problem.