Re: [stella] Controller issues

Subject: Re: [stella] Controller issues
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 21:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, PatMan wrote:

> On a somewhat-related note -- does anyone know the pinouts for the
> Keyboard Controller?  I assume they must be wired to the joystick
> pins in some combination....

The way the keyboard controller is read seems very time consuming.  Just
look at Star Raiders for an example of the delay involved between pressing
a key and seeing the results.  That alone would invalidate its usage in
action games of this sort, but even more importantly it takes up an entire
controller port which would kill the ability to allow two players.

If two ports were used the logical choice would be to use another joystick
ala Radar Lock, Stargate, and Raiders, for the extra "buttons".