Re: [stella] Megacart Specs

Subject: Re: [stella] Megacart Specs
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 18:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Might be possible.  But there's an inherent problem.  If you swap out 4K of
> ROM and swap in 4K of RAM, 2k actually, then you've lost your code forever.
> So we can't do it that way.  Another way to do it is to map RAM into the
> $EXXX addresses.  I know that there'll be conflicts with the TIA, but

Ok, I checked, and $EXXX addresses are out of the question.  So that leaves
us with either 1K or 2K blocks.  My thinking when I chose 1K blocks was that
you could have more than one switchable slot at any given time.  1K really is
a lot of space for a given data segment.  And very few subroutines would take
up more than 1K.  This was my thinking, but I'm not writing games at this
point.  What do the current game authors think??

-Chris