Re: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:14:53 +0200
Lee K. Seitz wrote:

>In a shareware game released a few years ago for PCs that is very
>similar to Sabotage, there were little "intermissions" between rounds. (...)

>That would be neat.  I remember the paratroopers could be killed by
>debris in Sabotage sometimes.  Other helicopters could be destroyed
>to, leading to a nice chain reaction.  Actually, in the later levels
>it was best to concentrate on shooting the helicopters and just let
>the debris take care of the paratroopers.

I also have seen a similar C-64 game. It was called Paratroopers and was
relatively colorless. In this game you have aimable shots (about 20 of
them!!!) and the parachuters come down in MASSES. There are different
play modes how the cannon and the shots behave. You can select if the
cannon is moving or not, if it can turn or not (yes, there's a play mode
where it only can fire horizontally) and if the already fired shots
change direction or not when you move the cannon. If enough paratroopers
have landed, they come on a tank and blow up the cannon.
I think I've also seen a similar VCS cartridge, but I forgot its name.
In it, the man would begin to dig a tunnel after having landed. If the
tunnel reaches a place under the cannon, they lay a bomb and the cannon
is blown away.
A good idea would maybe be if the "human pyramid" not instantly blows
away the cannon, but only severely damages it. The cannon could then
re-gain health points by NOT shooting "care" packets dropped by planes
or helicopters on a parachute. These packets should only have some
re-gaining effect if they drop onto the cannon, not elsewhere.

With packets of greetings,
Kurt Woloch