Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:26:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Bob Colbert wrote:

> well, I've considered the idea of the paddle, and looked at my kernel, and
> realized that I'm probably only fooling myself thinking about using it.  I
> spent an entire evening trying to squeeze out ONE more cycle from my
> kernel, without any luck.  I still have one possibility though, I have a large
> chunk of time reserved in my kernel for doing housekeeping and sound, and I
> might be able to do a paddle routine there, but if I recall correctly, it
> takes up to 1 full frame to fully read the paddle.

Have you considered having Jim peek at your code and see if he can bum a
few lines out of it?  If I remember correctly, he did a good job of
freeing up cycles in Oystron for Piero.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Atari 2600 Fun Facts & Info Guide / Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ
Tom Swift Books / http://www.grfn.org/~cpepin1/index.html