[stella] Re: [CLASSIC-VIDEOGAMES:4303] Re: Classic people in Next Generation magazine

Subject: [stella] Re: [CLASSIC-VIDEOGAMES:4303] Re: Classic people in Next Generation magazine
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:26:07 -0400 (EDT)
Leonard Herman wrote:

> << For those that might be interested, two classic videogame names that you
>  hear from time to time showed up in Next Generation Magazine this month.
>  Leonard Herman, author of Phoenix: The Fall & Rise of Videogames, has a
>  correspondence in the Letters section and he mentions an Atari 2600 game
>  author, Rob Fulop.  I didn't recognize the other names there, but perhaps
>  they too were in the game scene back in the 2600 days and I just don't know
>  them. >>
>
> I didn't receive the new issue yet so I haven't seen the letter. However the
> letter I wrote to NG mentioned Howard Scott Warshaw and Videotopia's Keith
> Feinstein; not Rob Fulop. Maybe NG got it wrong?

Doh!  Should have gone to bed earlier *or* brought the mag home with me!
I can see the Letters page in my head now and I have two letters mixed up.
Sorry about that.  Anyway, sorry about that, Mr. Herman.  :^(  Regardless,
there are other classic things to recommend in this issue, e.g. a letter
about which conversions of Donkey Kong have all the levels (or intermissions).

Rob Fulop is mentioned, but since I don't have the details here, I'll
wait 'til tomorrow to say where definitively.  My fuzzy recollection says
that he was part of Digital Pictures (?) but of course, now, my memory is
very suspect.

Again, apologies to Mr. Herman for getting his letter mixed up in my
head (and now on the email list).

matt