Re: [stella] Arrrg, Arrrg, and Double Arrrg!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Arrrg, Arrrg, and Double Arrrg!!!
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:57:05 +0200
At 17:09 15.04.98 -0400, you wrote:

>How the heckety heck did you figure out that the branch wasn't being
>taken after $7F?

As others have already pointed out, that was a mistake. The branch
wouldn't have been taken in the first place. Sometimes I really
wonder myself, how I got my programs to do, what I wanted them to
do. :-)

>Although I don't see how code in the VSYNC could affect your Supercharger.
>Is it your Supercharger that goes wonky or is it that your TV set won't
>sync to it?

It's my TV. And sometimes I think my TV is the only one with this
problem.

>But I've cleaned up the VSYNC. I've got the program running successfully
>on my machine now so I'll send the new BIN up here you can tell me if it'll
>work on your machine now.

The new version runs fine on my system, with colours and everything.

BTW why are you so reluctant to use HMOVE? If it is because you
can't get the screen position divided into values for the delay
loop and HMOVE, then there is a routine, that does this, at the
end of Ed's SoundX sourcecode. This can be found on the Stella CD.

The routine takes three scanlines to position a sprite, but you can
use normal Xposition values with it.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg