Re: Re: Re: [stella] Classic people in Next Generation

Subject: Re: Re: Re: [stella] Classic people in Next Generation
From: kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:28:43 +0200
On April 16th, Lee K. Seitz wrote:

>>The arcade one looks funny (cartoon characters with set-up heads), but
>>in gameplay rather reminds
>>of some bad C-64 games... If you wouldn't KNOW it was an arcade game,
>>you could consider it as a
>>joke... like "Pie Bill Gates", for instance (BTW, when does THAT game
>>appear for the 2600?).
>
>Are you talking about the PieGates program that I temporarily had
>available from my web pages???  I didn't think it had spread very far.

I don't know HOW far it spread, anyway, I got it on March 24th from a
co-worker, who got it from another co-worker, but he doesn't remember
anymore from whom.
Its title line says: Pie Bill Gates, V1.59, Windows Version, Created by
"The Imposter!"
It's called Piegates.exe and 505792 bytes long (so much for checking).

By the way, there IS a similar VCS cartridge, Holey Moley (C) 1983 by
Atari. In it, you try to shoot
moles. You could easily make a hack of it changing the mole image to
Bill Gates' face :-)

BTW, each of the five games in the Bally Journey Arcade game would
probably have been good
for a VCS 4k game :-)!

With love and pies,
Kurt Woloch