Re: [stella] Hiragana Font For The 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Hiragana Font For The 2600
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 21:48:01 -0400 (EDT)
In article <199804171912.MAA26071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, you wrote:

>By the way, that's the beauty of horizontal text.. looking at the
>Japanese version of Zelda for Game Boy, you see they've placed the
>voiced and plosive marks above the letters, instead of to the right.
>By making the letters 10 pixels high, we solve that problem.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Hmmm... that would take some getting used to, but I guess it would be an
acceptable comprimise considering the nature of the medium.

I've been playing with my Japanese fonts right now. Trying to get a multi
sprite thing going but having no luck at all. But the kana itself looks
quite good on the 2600. Even "nu" and "me" which I thought would be
unreadable out of context, are easily identified. Sprites always look so much
better on the screen than they do on the graph paper.

Speaking of multi sprite demos....

I have one multi sprite demo here, but I don't know who wrote it.
It's these airplanes flying across the screen and a missle comes up from
the bottom and picks one out of the row.

Who did this demo and is there a commented source code available?

                               CRACKERS
                (Back the the drawing board from hell!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/