Re: [stella] RESPx and player positions

Subject: Re: [stella] RESPx and player positions
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:54:57 -0400
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> >  1) Has anyone tried changing the graphics of a player while it's being
> >     scanned?
>
> I don't know the exact timing, but it is possible to hit GRPx
> so, that some of the old and some of the new data is displayed.

Yes - I had this going on when I was working on my 6 digit display
routine.  I wasn't sure if it was going to be possible to do the
6th digit by the "brute force" method I was using - and in fact,
at first it didn't look like it would be possible.  The 6th
digit would display part of the player graphics from the 4th
digit - I finally got it to work by moving the whole 6 digit
display over a few pixels, so that the hit to GRPx would happen
at the right time.  The obvious downside of my method is that it
couldn't be used in a movable routine like Eckhard's - also,
perhaps some of the digits are still running into each other,
but my font is only 6 pixels wide, so the "bleeding" could be
happening in the 2 pixel gap between.
--
Robin Harbron    macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx
   http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth