Re: [stella] Games that do bad things to HMOVE...

Subject: Re: [stella] Games that do bad things to HMOVE...
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:57:05 +0200
At 08:22 27.04.98 -0400, you wrote:

>For me to get this right I'll need sample listing files from the various
>assemblers and disassemblers.  Which ones should I support (Dasm, Distella)?

Definately DASM. And Bruce Tomlin's ASM6502 from the stella CD would
be nice too.

>What do you all think about an integrated assembler?  Instead of loading
>a bin file into Stella you would load an aseembly file and it would assemble
>it for you, generate a listing file for the debugger, and start it up...

If you want to spend your time writing a new assembler, I think
it would be good to have a standard one for all platforms, that
the Stella emulator runs on. It also could deal with VCS specific
problems like bankswitching, which is a bit difficult to devellop
for with the current cross assemblers.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg