Re: [stella] New members

Subject: Re: [stella] New members
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 18:14:05 +1000
Hello everyone.

My name is Andrew Davie, and I'm an old-timer in the videogame area.  I've
written well over a dozen titles over the years on various machines,
including the NES, SNES, C64, Atari 400/800.  I know my cycle times by
heart, and still remember half the bytecodes :)

I've recently started development on the 2600, just because.  I'm a
collector of retro games machines, and find the limitations of the 2600
refreshingly nostalgic.  I'm sure I'll have something running in a few
weeks - right now I have demo code running background, colour changing,
player/missiles.  I'm finding it really easy at this stage - thanks, no
doubt, to my experience with the other machines.  My skills are in making
machines do what they're not supposed to do :)  My pride and joy was a
split-screen independant 8-directional scrolling on the NES without any
hardware support whatsoever.  It was supposed to be impossible :)

In any case, I plan to release something on cartridge - limited issue,
probably - as I'd like for once to actually release one of my games doing
the entire production process myself.

Cheers