Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Update to my game

Subject: Re: Antwort auf: [stella] Update to my game
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 07:41:10 -0500
At 11:01 AM 5/5/98 +0200, you wrote:
>O.K., let's start... Why do bombs and hit men have to fall with constant
>speed? According to gravity, they'd have to speed up while falling.

I can look into doing that, I hadn't really considered it :)  It shouldn't
be too difficult, and I'll see how the results are.

>The endgame sequence looks very cute, but everything flickers heavily.
>Do you use the 2nd player, too?

No, the 2nd player is the gun, I don't think I can avoid flicker here, but
I'll look at it again and explore other possibilities!

>I think there could be some fine-tuning to the scoring scheme. Hitting
>the planes is worth, about 300 points it was, I think, while you get far
>less for the paratroopers. Considering the planes aren't any danger (by
>now, that is...), they shouldn't be worth that many points.

Yes, you are correct, I have a table of scores for each object, and it's a
matter of what "state" an object is in that determines the score.  I'm open
to suggestions on the scoring scheme!

				Thanks!
					Bob