Re: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)

Subject: Re: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 10:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
>   You know what would be neat if difficult and complex?  Bank-switching
> hardware that works by recognizing the 6502 opcodes as the processor retrieves
> them, and adjusting the mapping accordingly.

Yeah, but the hardware has to be smart enough to know the difference
between opcodes and data.  That would require it to remain in lock step
with the 6507 and know about all of the 6507 instructions wouldn't it?

One thing I've wondered is if it's possible to overclock the 6507 in
the 2600.  Maybe the 6507 in the 2600 Jr could handle running at the
same speed as the TIA.  Has anyone every tried this?

Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University