Re: [stella] Paddle support for my game

Subject: Re: [stella] Paddle support for my game
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 16:32:30 +0200
At 07:57 07.05.98 -0500, you wrote:
>Things not done:
>
>		PAL colors - I'll tackle that one later :)

While getting good looking PAL colours certainly can wait, getting
colours at all on PAL can't. :-)
Since it only requires doing one scanline more or one scanline less,
than you are currently doing, to get an even number of lines per
frame, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

>Let me know what you think of my paddle support!  One thing I can't avoid
>is that the center of the gun is not the center of the paddle.  I need to
>experiment a bit more, but my initial feeling is that it is as good as it
>gets :)

The paddle support is a bit too jerky for fast movement. Maybe it
is possible to use a bigger angle of the paddle's turning circle
to increase the responsiveness of the gun. I like it better than
the joystick control, though. If you make sure, that it doesn't
happen anymore, that both helicopters set out four troupers each
on different sides of the screen at gun level, the paddle should
work fine for the game. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg