[stella] Bob's game

Subject: [stella] Bob's game
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 11:28:08 +0200
Today I've been able to try it on my 2600... hey, looks like this will be a
hit!
Some comments:

- paddle vs. joystick control. I've always thought this had to be a paddle
game, and in fact I prefer to play it with paddles, even if it is not still
perfect. BTW, how could you find the cycles to do it?? As for the joystick,
I still think there is something wrong with it... I can't get accurate
movements, I think the gun moves too fast.. am I the only one to have this
feeling?

- automatic fire: please let the player fire fast and continuosly when the
button is pressed :)

- bombs: they come down too fast..

- endgame sequence: if I remember correctly, in the original game the guys
came out from the foxholes and tried to reach the top of the base before
the game was finished. Would it be too difficult to make it work in the
same way?

- gravity: it vould be extra-cool if everything that is falling had some
acceleration in its motion..

- the game should be organized in waves, with a bouns for each empty
foxhole at the end of each wave;

- what about a super-zapper, that blasts everything, activated with the
second joystick (or paddle) button?

- sound effects: you've all the memory you need, so they will have to be
very cool ;)) I've always been disappointed by games that look good and
have poor sounds (many Activision ones..)

- score display: why don't you steal the font from Activision
"Commando"...? :-))

Keep up the good work. This game still needs a lot of fine-tuning and
polishing, but when finished will be a very good one. Hey, thanks for
waiting for the contest to expire :-))

Ciao,
 P.