Re: Re: [stella] Six-sprite slot machine?

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Six-sprite slot machine?
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 02:47:37 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 11 May 1998 kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 6. an Arkanoid-style game

I'm waiting for this.  Super Breakout and Fireball are good, but Arkanoid
should be totally doable on the 2600 and really should be attempted.

> 8. Elevator Action

I was really disappointed by how few home ports this got.

> 9. Manhattan

What's that game?

Ultimately the most enjoyable 2600 games from today's perspective are the
originals.  If you do attempt a port, the best way to do it is to deviate
from the original to enhance it or optimize it for the quirky VCS
environment (in a good way, like Yar's Revenge as a Star Castle clone vs.
Pac Man's compromises).  At that point the game gains its own unique
character.