[stella] 4 colour playfield - final R&D demo

Subject: [stella] 4 colour playfield - final R&D demo
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 00:02:11 +1000
OK, I hopefully include here a binary of the 4 colour playfield testbed.
I've played around with the colour and luminance to reduce flicker. The
flicker is markedly lessened on my monitor, from the previous version, with
these and similar combination colours.  So, whaddya guys and gals think - is
this too objectionable on actual hardware?
I've also added an extremely simple "moving block" demonstrating playfield
animation.  There are NO sprites in use in this demo - its 100% PF graphics.
Personally, I think I've shown the feasibility of implementing a 4 colour
playfield game - now is the time for YOU to have a peek at the enclosed, and
say "yep, go for it" or "naah, its too flickery".  If you say "naah" also
tell me what you're viewing it with, please.
Votes so far:  1 yay ;)  Two, if you count lucky's vote.
Enjoy