Re: [stella] Positioning two objects

Subject: Re: [stella] Positioning two objects
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:55:02 +1000
Nice idea, Erik.
How about using a single zero page routine which, for delays, farms it out
to an external routine (JSR delayn).  The self modification would be to
WHICH routine. Have a whole bunch of routines delay1 delay2 delay3 delay4
which simply delay that many cycles.  OK, you add on 12 for the JSR/RTS, or
you could REALLY hardwire it and have it JMP delayn and JMP back, for 8
cycles total.  The point is, you would only have the single scanline
routine, it would be quite short, and could fit in zero page.
The self-modification part would simply be the low byte (if we organised it
properly) of the routine to which we're vectoring.  I haven't figured the
feasibility in entirety, but seems eminently possible to me.
Cheers