Re: [stella] PAL/NTSC issues

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL/NTSC issues
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 22:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
> I can't think of a way of getting the 2600 to do it, but I'm sure most

Yeah, I don't think there's a way to do it without modifying the hardware,
either inside the 2600, or inside the cartridge.  Plugging the cartridge
into the wall would give you access to the AC frequency. :)  But it would be
a pain in the butt for everyone involved.  Hacking a mod chip (God help us!)
into the 2600 would actually be easier.  Just read from a non-standard
memory address and you'd get the needed info.  Should only cost a buck or
two for do-it-yourself types.  If you wanted to make it easier, you could
hack a special inline cartridge for it.  And if you wanted to make it work
without wasting cycles trying to read the data, you could run an extra line
to the cart to automate Glenn's multicart/bankswitch.

(never give me a soldering iron and say "be creative"...I'm quite powermad...)

:)

-Chris