Re: [stella] Randy Crihfield's address

Subject: Re: [stella] Randy Crihfield's address
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 20 May 1998, Songbird wrote:
> "Atari's demise" in 1996 have sold at least a few hundred copies apiece.
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^
I think the Lynx still has a market because it doesn't compare as poorly
with its peers as the Jag does.

> Not "big numbers" by any stretch of the imagination, but enough to keep
> the publishers interested.

Those numbers aren't even close to allowing a publisher to use economy of
scale to their advantage.  Unit costs in a run of 500 units are
dramatically higher than runs of 5-10K units, printing especially.

> doubt we'd see prices < $20 any more for such items.  They'd probably want
> at least $29.95 MSRP for a new game.

That's only fair.  That's what I'd expect a new 2600 cartridge to cost
with fully professional production values.