Re: [stella] Randy Crihfield's address

Subject: Re: [stella] Randy Crihfield's address
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 23:50:44 +0200
At 23:03 -0700 20-05-1998, Glenn Saunders wrote:

>Nevertheless, release a 2600 game cart-only and make it unique, and it
>will be more of a seller.  That's what the guy on RGVC is planning to do
>with his Warlordsesque game and it's a good strategy.

I'm very sceptic... I did a Dejanews search about this guy, and if I'm not
wrong he was saying that his game would have been ready in a year, then a
few days after he says that it's almost done...

>> I've been struggling with:  Shouldn't we be more protective of our .bins?
>>  With every attachment on the list going up on the net, isn't this going
>> to hurt sales?  Edtris demand is still high lo these many years later,
>> but will Oystron keep pace?
>
>If Piero had kept his BINs secret then he wouldn't have had the heavy
>playtesting he got.  He'd have to be much more detached from the mailing
>list and I think this would have hurt the game immensely.
>
>I think that if the goal is QUALITY, then you have to sacrifice
>EXCLUSIVITY and open it up to the list

Oystron would not exist if I had wanted to make it exclusive. Enough said.

>My hat's off to those who feel they _can_ develop a game in a vacuum and
>then release it in cart-only form

Especially action games that need a lot of playtesting...

Ciao,
 P.