Re: [stella] Demo...

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo...
From: Chrissalo <Chrissalo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 17:24:02 EDT
<<
 Also you should start using your Supercharger on your PAL TV
 for testing instead of an emulator. This demo is suffering
 of PAL colourloss, the colours it would show on PAL wouldn't
 look too good and the sprite seems to be interferring with
 the background. If you move the sprite over the lines, they
 are strched and moved upwards.

 If not even the PAL people take care of good looking PAL games
 anymore, who would? :-)

 Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Hey, hey ,hey!
That was my first program for the thing...

As yet I have not dug out the Supercharger and have not hooked up any
VCS to a TV next to the computer... everything in its time.
As I said, I'm just fooling arround...
I'm not even 100% sure I'll do anything REAL

I did test the thing on available emulators, and it works with them, without
the
stretching that you mentioned.
Perhaps the emulators are not quite as good as I thought.

The demo (as bad as it is still coded) runs cycle exact tight as it is now.
One cycle more and on the emulator a streching that you mentioned does occur
too.
That would mean... that the PAL timing is different. :-(
No emulator seems to support this, did anybody else encounter something like
that?

Chris