Re: [stella] watching the processor run

Subject: Re: [stella] watching the processor run
From: kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:15:51 +0200
>>This is going to sound insane, but you can get an amazing and bizarre
>>look into what the VCS is doing by physically disassembling it and
>>pressing your hand against the underside of the processor board while a
>>game is running.  What the processor is doing shows up on the TV as
>>(...)

>uh, huh.. and Robin Williams once did an 'Televangelistic' comedy routine,
>a portion of which is... "and I want you to grab the back of the TV set and
>feel the power of Comedy... Yeah, as it shocks your ass across the room,
>SOMEBODY will have a laugh!" :)
>Ron

Ron, if you thinks it's dangerous to open your Atari and do so, I don't
think so... I don't think there's any high voltage in it... the other
question is if you can do damage to the system this way...
But if you really want to play safe, you can try to power the 2600 with
batteries... 7,2 volts and 300 mA should be enough (Now that's good for
camping...) Or has anyone tried a lower voltage? 8-)

With love (and many NC batteries at home... and even in my Sharp
calculator where they shouldn't be used...)
Kurt Woloch