Re: [stella] EPROM variations

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROM variations
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:36:36 -0500
At 01:44 AM 6/22/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Could someone give me a lecture on 2732 EPROM types?
>
>I have an unreleased 2600 game to read in (by lending out my EPROM
>programmer to the author) and it is labelled:
>
>D2732A-2

Generally, all chips labeled 2732 should be able to be read in as a standard
2732.  The difference lies in the way the chips are programmed.  Different
flavors of 2732s use different programming voltages.  Usually, the number
after the EPROM type is the speed of the EPROM.  The speed is indicated in
milliseconds, and is different from microprocessor speed inasmuch as the
EPROM doesn't DO anything, but the speed indicates how long it takes for
the data to become stable once the address lines have been set.  It's just
like memory speed.  With that said, I don't know what the 2 indicates :)
The numbers are usually much bigger, in the 100 to 200 range I believe.

					Bob