Re: [stella] EPROM variations

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROM variations
From: danboris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dan Boris)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:43:45 -0400

> Could someone give me a lecture on 2732 EPROM types?
>
> I have an unreleased 2600 game to read in (by lending out my EPROM
> programmer to the author) and it is labelled:
>
> D2732A-2
>
> Is this a standard 2732 or what?  (I can read it if it is a true 2732A if
> that's what it is).  I had previously used this programmer to read in
> chips labelled 2732D but they were just standard 2732s, so the letters
> don't necessarily correspond.

The "-2" is probably an indicator of the speed of the chip which should not be relevent to reading it with and rEprom programmer. Letters after the number, like the "A" usually indicate things like package type, tempeture range, etc., again things that are not important when reading the chip. You should be able to read it just like a normal 2732. If you want to find out for sure what the stuff after the "D2723" means, check who manufactured the chip (there should be a logo on it) and check thier web site for a datasheet.

Dan Boris