Re: [stella] BMI & BPL questions

Subject: Re: [stella] BMI & BPL questions
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 98 23:58:15 -0500
Thanks for the vaildation of BMI and BPL.  Just wanted to make sure there
wasn't some 6502 bug or something making these commands unpredictable.
On the other hand, that means there's still a weird problem with my
code...

>If you simply want to check D7
>
>    lda CXP0FB
>    bmi joycheck   ;(D7 = 1?)

Unfortunately, that's what I'd done.  (In my posted snippet of code, I
had the bmi command commented out with an asl, bcs combo replacing it.)
I've got the text version of the Stella manual printed out (Adobe is
crashing my Mac right now.  Real user-friendly, eh? ;), and I'm reading
that D7 of CXP0FB should be 1 if there's a P0-PF collison.  However my
sprite continues to fall when it comes into contact with the PF as I run
joygrav.bin on MacStella 0.7.

Do I have CXP0FB mapped correctly?

Thanks much and thanks again in advance!

Ruffin Bailey        |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at cetlink.net |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari