Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 98 10:10:44 -0500
>But STELLA.VCS is a configuration file that overrides the automatic
>detection for the games, that are specified in it. It is supposed to
>be editable. You mean you can't even do that on a MAC?

Well, were it just an extra editable file, sure I could, no problem.
MacQuake is a very good example of a Mac-app that has the PC-feel.  There
are cfg files and the whole slew of crazy text files to edit.  Not so in
Stella.

What I meant (and didn't make very clear) is that the way MacStella is
created (apparently), all these files were turned into binary when it was
compiled.  That's why I need the source.  There's no STELLA.VCS in
MacStella.  Just the executable, the TIA sound library, a "ROM-typer",
and lots of readme's.  I've actually never seen the DOS version, though I
did download the source this morning.  After I look at it I'll probably
dissemble the Mac version and see if they make any sense together.  Then,
since it's the year 2040 before I've finished doing this in my spare
time, I'll celebrate my third quarter century of existence.  *sigh*

Thanks for the help,

Ruffin Bailey           | Write 2600 games on your PPC Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  | http://members.aol.com/~mactari