Re: [stella] The Game That Was, but Wasn't

Subject: Re: [stella] The Game That Was, but Wasn't
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:50:46 +0200
At 01.23 12/08/98 -0400, you wrote:

>The GFX (some are player gfx, some are missle gfx, following the rules.
>All were planned to have some gradient to them, each player needing to be
>a different color,) Some objects are composed of a player and a missle.
>
>These graphics were built off of the assumption that the coder I was
>working with claimed he had a display kernal that could achieve 2 players
>AND 2 missles per scan line simultaneously.

The other day I've tried to put together a display kernel of this kind (2
"real" players + 2 "fake" players made from missiles, changing NUSIZx and
doing HMOVEs from line to line). Boys, it was much harder than I though (or
maybe I'm starting to forget what I had learned on the 2600 :-). It's
almost working, if I can find the time to polish it a bit more, I'll post it.

Ciao,
 P.