RE: [stella] Look Mom, no flicker!

Subject: RE: [stella] Look Mom, no flicker!
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 00:06:46 +0200
At 23.15 13/08/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Hmmm...
>
>I don't see anything :-(

Are you using Stella 0.7? Anyway, this update does work on Stella.

>Anyhow - a perfect technique for a platform game - it is the same one I'm
>using for DROID!

Really? :) If I remember correctly, your display kernel is technically much
more complex. Vertical fine scrolling on the 2600 is more difficult than it
seems, and your player is animated. An there are color gradients.

Anyway, the ideas I've in mind for the gameplay will make this game very
different from yours.. I think that the player will be a bouncing ball and
he'll have to make the floors collapse :)

Ciao,
 P.