Re: [stella] Sprite kernel (was: Distella --> DAsm problem)

Subject: Re: [stella] Sprite kernel (was: Distella --> DAsm problem)
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:46:52 GMT
>My cross-assembler is RAsm, which doesn't support everything that DAsm
>does and some things are just plain different.  Though with programs of
>the size of this demo it's not a big deal to redo the original code and
>make it read correctly, the longer things get the harder that conversion
>will be.  So I was thinking that I'd just cheat and use Distella and put
>in the relavent comments (I've still got tons from Nick not too mention
>all the stuff I add so I can understand myself in my "orig" code) so that
>you crazy PC users could use DAsm without any extra work.  ;)

Just post the Rasm.  Probably better to see it with the original comments,
and it's less work for you.  Besides, you'll probably be posting binaries
more often than source anyway.

>>unless P0 is on the same scanlines as P1, in which
>>case it jumps over to this whole other section over here, etc. :)
>
>Unfortunately, that's kinda the way it stands right now.  It's real hard
>to save scans, get different player graphics each line, perform missile
>enables, and update the PF in the same line!  Aaarrrggghhh!!!  I'll keep
>trying.

Take a look at the Combat source if you can... that's exactly what it's
doing, and it handles 4 objects and playfield.  'Course, it does that at
double-resolution, so don't feel bad if you can't cram it into single.