Re: [stella] Is there an error in the Stella Manual?

Subject: Re: [stella] Is there an error in the Stella Manual?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 14:52:19 +0200
At 20:30 07.09.98 -0400, you wrote:

>But here is the code I had to use to read the B/W switch
>
>joy     lda SWCHB
>	and %0010000
>	cmp %0010000
>	bne swa
>	lda HOURS
>	cmp #$0c
>	bpl swa
>	lda #$17
>	sta HOURS
>
>On my 2600 D5 is the B/W switch, D3 is select, and D2 is reset.
>
>Is there an error in the manual, my code, or is there something odd with
>my 2600.

It's your code again, but this time it's a more popular mistake. :-)
You forgot to put a '#' in front of your binary numbers, therefore you
are using zeropage addressing instead of imediate addressing. Also
your binary numbers are one bit too short, so that you are using $10
instead of $20.

>In anycase, could a PAL user tell me if the colour shows up on their
>machine. And could somebody tell me if the B/W 24/12 Hour switch works
>on their machine.

Your clock program displays colours on my PAL VCS and strangely enough
the B/W switch is also detected. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg