[stella] Four-player adapter?

Subject: [stella] Four-player adapter?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:35:00 +0200
When people on RGVC discuss about new games for the VCS, four-player
paddle versions of Combat or Indy 500 are always on the wishlist.
But I think those games should better be played with their nomal
controlers. Newer game systems all have a four-player adapter to
support these kind of games.

My question is, if it would be possible to design a cheap and easy
to assemble four-player adapter for the VCS?

>From a programmers standpoint I think the easiest solution would
be to use one controler port for the input and the four output
pins of the second port to select the controler to read. Would
something like this be possible? Does a two port solution have
any advantages or disadvantages over a one port solution?

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg