Subject: RE>Re: [stella] Four-player adapter?
From: Timm Carr <timm.carr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Sep 98 16:23:46 +0000
                      RE>Re: [stella] Four-player adapter?         9/14/98
video olympics has four player variations on it.

timm

--------------------------------------
Date: 9/14/98 4:17 PM
To: Timm Carr
From: John K Harvey
At 03:42 PM 9/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> I just asked my hardware expert engineering friend what he thought.
>> "The adaptor is trivial, just as wiring a nintendo, or SNES, or
>> playstation, or NES64 controller to the atari.  The catch is that you need
>> a program to utilize it.
>
>  Can you ask him if he's wired (any) Nintendo controller to an Atari, and,
>if so, what chip he used?  I'm new to electronics but would like to try this.

I personally wired a Nintendo controller to a 2600.  The 7800 model is more
difficult.  Anyway, I don't have the specs with me, but basically, you must
remove the chip from the NES controller.  Be careful not to remove the
traces.  Atari was based on an analog controller setup, so the digital chip
is useless.  Once removed, you hook the Atari controller wires to certain
pin holes and solder them into place.  No chips necessary.  I needed a few
resistors for the 7800 NES joystick, but that was about it.I don't have my
specs with me (they're at home)  but I'm sure I could get a hold of them.
But that's basically the start.
-John K. Harvey

RFC-822 Header:
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:31:20 -0500