Re: [stella] Allow me to introduce myself

Subject: Re: [stella] Allow me to introduce myself
From: John K Harvey <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:13:36 -0500
>We used to have competitions every day in my math class in 8th grade, I
>could solve the cube in under 30 seconds every time!  Now?  I couldn't do
>it if I tried...  totally forgot the moves.  I do have a book around
>somewhere that shows the basic moves though.
>
>				Later,
>					Bob

Unde 30 seconds!  Holy crap!  My best time is 47 seconds, and after that my
cube exploded all over my high school classroom (from overuse, I think)

>P.S. A couple of years ago I found a mint Rubik's Cube at a thrift - an
>original one from the 80's for 49 cents, still in the container and the
>seal in tact!  Still has the pricetag on it from a now defunct toy store
>for $14.99 or something in that range.

Wow.  I actually found a site that is selling them for $15 also.  However,
they also sell a 5 X 5 X 5 Rubik's cube for $38.99

:)
http://www.puzzletts.com

Yet another reason why free time is great stuff to have.

-John K. Harvey