Re: [stella] Awwwwww CRAP!!!!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Awwwwww CRAP!!!!!!
From: slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Russ Perry Jr)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:22:45 -0600
Piero Cavina wrote:
>Chris Cracknell wrote:
>>>I left that version running on my PAL VCS for about 15 minutes.
>>>It seems to be a bit better than the last version, but it still
>>>lost several seconds over the time I tried it.

>>Must be a PAL thing then. Drats.

>It may be that PAL machines have a slightly different clock.

Eckhard gave a possible explanation as to why PAL systems lose time,
back on the 10th -- did you see that Chris?

>In order to get the best accuracy from your clock, maybe it would be
>possible to enable one joystick port for output and plug it into some
>device that can read frequencies (like an oscilloscope).

PatMan mentioned a PBS time sync signal (Sep 12) -- wouldn't it be neat
if you could just run a coax to joystick splitter/adaptor that would be
autotuned to the PBS channel and pull out the time sync signal? :-)

||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||