Re: [stella] Posh2?

Subject: Re: [stella] Posh2?
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:28:01 -0400 (EDT)
> >The Apple //c, which is what Chris has, is actually quite compact.
>
> You should see the portable C=64.  Matt's borrowed one (you don't own it,
> do you?), so I won't go into too much detail (maybe he'll expound), and
> it was something to behold.  Two 1541 disk drives iirc and two power
> cords?!  Terribly small screen, but there's your ultimate 2600
> programming device (minus playtesting, of course)!

No I don't own the one I showed you, but I'd like to have one someday.
The screen is a bit of a pain, but with a good 1541 mech in it and a
JiffyDOS modification, I can imagine that it'd work quite well,  Heck,
I bet you could hack an FD-2000 into the case if you really wanted to.
I don't recall that the one I had had two drives, but it might have.

The screen really isn't great and probably is the biggest problem
with the SX-64.  Look at the keyboard in front of you and imagine a
screen that from top to bottom is no taller than the distance from
the bottom of your space bar to top of the QWERTY row...that's about
the size of it.

matt