Re: [stella] sort of a music question.,...

Subject: Re: [stella] sort of a music question.,...
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:28:13 -0500
Ronald A. Laski, Jr. wrote:

> >What's an ADSR curve?
>
> Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release curve, the basic waveform of sound (<-
> loose interpretation.. :)

>      /\
>     /  \____
>    /        \
>    ^A^D^ S ^R^  (pardon the rough drawing :)

I think the drawing is great :)  Just to clarify, the ADSR
doesn't have anything to do with the waveform that makes the
sound, but rather is what defines the volume/amplitude.

> Gives a sound a nice falloff, instead of an abrupt *click* or choppiness...

Absolutely.

Nick:  I know my opinion doesn't count, but I'd love to see a "crack"
intro for the A2600.

And on a slightly related note, I just got back from the Chicago C=
Expo, where I managed to meet the world-famous Jim Butterfield, a true
guru of the 65xx.  There was lots of other cool stuff to see there
too, and neat people to meet, but this isn't the place to mention that ;)
--
Robin Harbron    macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx
   http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth