Re: [stella] Grid demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Grid demo
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 18:08:50 +0100
At 13:19 30.10.98 -0500, you wrote:

>Oh... I forgot about that extra five pixel offset.  Um, shoot.  What I
>think I meant was that it takes effect after five pixels, but it will not
>display anything for a further eight to fifteen pixels.

I'm not quite sure, if I understand your theory corectly. Are you
trying to say, that if you hit RESP0 and then hit it again 11 cycles
later, what you'll get is two copies for each hit to RESP0 and
not one copy for the first hit and three copies for the second?

If that is the case, then I think you are wrong. If you do
sta RESP0
sta RESP1
sta RESP0
sta RESP1
the second hit to RESPx happens after the first pixel of the second
copy of a three sprite set. The output will be three sprites
positioned five pixel after the second hit to RESPx. That would
not be the case, if the first copy belonged to the first hit to
RESPx.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg