Re: [stella] Beat em up 08

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat em up 08
From: "Ruffin Bailey" <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:05:21 -0500

>At 23:11 10.11.98 -0500, you wrote:

>You are using Stella 07, right? The flicker in that version of Stella
>is a bit hefty, but in Stella 1.0, PCAE and of course a real VCS it
>isn't that bad.

Yep, 'fraid so.  Glad to hear it's even more impressive on a real VCS.  My
7800 is "in the shop", waiting to get a mod so that I can use standard RCA
jacks or whatever and hook it up to my TV sans RF box.

>Wasn't it you who suggested jumps after I posted the last version?
>I put in y-coordinates to support that just for you, but I didn't
>have enough space for the necessary animation frames in this
>version. :-)

Probably was.  I guess that's a vestige from my Mortal Kombat days when I
kept getting killed until I learned that chick in green's special move that
made her fly.  Long story, but I tend to jump a lot in my fightin' games.

Can't think of anything right off to add except giants letters that read
"FLAWLESS VICTORY" after a perfect win.  ;)  But give me time...  (that's
one option, I suppose, that's pretty standard now.  A timer.)

re: super cool Pac-Man picture
>That would be cool, but I guess I'd like to wait, untill you have
>all 2000 carts together. ;-)

Well, if I ever do, you're the first on the signed picture list!

Ruffin Bailey            |    Write Atari 2600 games on your PPC Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net   |    http://members.aol.com/~mactari