[stella] New Project semi-functioning!

Subject: [stella] New Project semi-functioning!
From: John Harvey <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:11:42 -0600
Hi there.  I FINALLY got my new hard drive back from a certain
manufacturer, and development has begun again.  My new project idea is
this:  I am creating an equalizer type program which will allow a user to
see the output of his musical application.
	Ok, maybe that's hard to understand.  I'll break it down.  I'll post
source code which will have room for musical inputs for both channels (just
a bunch of lines with $00).  The user inputs these numbers, compiles in
DASM, and then runs the binary file and can see what happens to his music
(what bass, treble, and mid outputs there will be).
	Basically, this is my way of learning playfield graphics.  This demo is
really cheesy, as I am learning as I go.  The reset button works, at least
on the emulator, and brings up a screen with 2 reflected downscrolling
bars.  Select sends it into an endless blank loop, which I have not defined
a screen for yet.
	It's not much, but I find it kind of cool.  It's my first cheesy demo, so
I'm kind of happy.   I would appreciate any feedback (even though there is
not much in the file yet).  I would also like to thank the many members of
this list for their postings to the Stella archives.  Without them, I never
would have even got DASM to compile!
	Well, that's about it.  I hope everyone had a great holiday break, and
will enjoy the new year.

				-John K. Harvey

	P.S.  I have only one question that has bugged the heck out of me...  How
did they get the words "Cookie Monster Munch" or "Big Bird's Egg Catch" on
screen?  There is no flickering.  I don't unndertand, save for the guess
that they are not playfield graphics, and are probably player graphics.