Re: [stella] Stella sequencing

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella sequencing
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:17:56 -0500 (EST)
> Also, (if anyone knows), does an emulator "fix" programming mistakes?  Are
> there things that I could program on an emulator that would not work on a
> real VCS?  I already know of a few bugs with joystick input that can occur.
>  Any big ones out there?

Not with regards to program execution.  Where the emulators do differ from
the real thing is in video setups and timing... nobody has yet perfected
color translations, and the emulators are far more forgiving with stuff
like code doing an improper number of scanlines, or as Chris Cracknell
found a while back, accidentally leaving VSYNC on for the entire frame :)

> Sorry if I have asked a lot of questions, but it is hard to find the
> answers by using conventional means.  I hope to help other rookies on the
> list in the future, but as of now, it seems that I am one of the "young
> 'uns" on the list, as my knowledge is not yet so immense.  Thank you to all
> for putting up with me.

No prob.  We all started there too :)