RE: [stella] Droid source & binary

Subject: RE: [stella] Droid source & binary
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 99 21:49:34 -0500
>If someone could make a cart that I could download through my serial port
>to, which would then behave exactly like a normal 2600 cart - yeah, I'd jump
>for one!

Call me crazy, but don't we nearly have that already with the
Supercharger?  A couple of quick changes to Supercharger, a run through
Makewav, and POOF! from your sound card to your Atari.  Well, sorta:

>Besides the fact that I take no reponsibility for any damages done to your
>Supercharger, Atari (or compatible), TV, room, house, neighborhood, cat,
>dog, etc... resulting from any attempts made to make this modification,
>you need to be aware of one more thing:
>
>    IF you are brave enough to try this and
>    IF you succeed then:
>
>    MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE TOGGLE SWITH IN NORMAL MODE BEFORE PLAYING ANY
>    SUPERCHARGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody done this and lived to tell about it?  I'm not so bold, but am
willing to listen to some encouragement!  If this is news to anyone,
check out these pages (from our own Bob Colbert, no less!):

http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert/sc.htm
http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert/txt/scmod.txt

Ruffin Bailey            |    Write Atari 2600 games on your PPC Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net   |    http://members.aol.com/mactari