Re: [stella] Supercharger screens...

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger screens...
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:32:43 -0500 (EST)
> As far as wrapping sprites go, there is some data on that in what I
> posted yesterday.  They mostly seem to work just like a regular sprite.
> I took another look at unstable.bin and it looks like the unstable
> sprite is a sprite marked cccccccc in the (d-1) spacing.  Apparently a
> wrapped sprite is a little *stronger* than a regular sprite in this case
> causing the other sprite to be unstable.  But since it doesn't show up
> on the JR at all, I think an emu author can probably show it or not show
> it as they please.  Other than that, I think a sprite is a sprite.
> Doesn't matter where it came from.
>
> Boy, we've certainly beat this one to death haven't we?  So what do you
> think Brad?  Does it look pretty easy? ;-)

Well it's starting to make sense to me :-)  I haven't had time to sit down
and study all of the posts on this but based on a quick review of the
material I think I should be able to get most of the "trick" based programs
working as well as the fighting game.

Unfortunately, I'm busy working on conference papers at school for the
next week or so.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to play with it next
weekend :-)

Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University