Re: [stella] The Core... where's the beef?

Subject: Re: [stella] The Core... where's the beef?
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:39:20 -0800
At 07:24 AM 1/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for using NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com
>v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
>Remember that fancy-smacy game called Core that someone was working on a
>while back?  I just barely remember seeing some screenshots posted on the
>net with some lofty promises about stellar gameplay (sorry; unintentional
>pun).
>
>Recently I received an email from one of the first people to use my
>Mactari pages regarding Core:
>
>>Did Paul Oswood ever finish his game, The Core? I paid for one, got a
>>letter explaining a delay, but nothing more. He hasn't answered any of
>>my mail either. Have you heard anything on the Stella list or
>>newsgroups?
>>
>>$25 isn't much in the big picture, but it pissed me off, just the same.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?  Again, I didn't
>keep up, but certainly hadn't heard anything about it being released.
>
>Thanks much,

I think the crux of the debate was that the guy really wanted to handle his
own manufacturing.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It worked okay for
Alfred's Challenge, but overall the trend has been for Randy Crihfield to
manufacture carts.

This guy didn't want to take advantage of that, and I got a little
suspicious of his motives until I saw the screenshots which looked genuine.

I don't think he's out to screw anyone, but just like BSR and their
development board, ICD and the catboxen, and so on, when you have these
tiny niche items, sometimes people get screwed when it's not handled very
carefully.

If this guy had simply chosen to use Randy, it would have been all over and
done with, but I suspect that he can't find a suitable way to
manufacture--or is just procrastinating.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page         http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~krishna    ==