RE: [stella] Droid source & binary

Subject: RE: [stella] Droid source & binary
From: "David Schweinsberg" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:26:27 -0000
> I meant that I just loaded the binary into an emulator, and couldn't
> figure out how or what I was supposed to do to play the game, if indeed
> there's a playable game involved here.  I didn't look at the source code
> at all.

Oh.

I've only worked with it on PCAE, so I don't know if it is operating
correctly elsewhere.

All you can do is scroll the playfield up and down, and move the player left
and right.  There is no actual gameplay as yet.

The points of note are:
* Scrolling playfield
* Dynamic modification of PF registers
* Use of BALL for "interesting" droid shapes (shifting position & size, and
able to scroll)

A number of times there has been discussion of these sorts of techniques, I
thought people may be interested to see one way they could be done.

BTW This is supposed to be the basis of a platform game with elevators.

Regards,
David