Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist

Subject: Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist
From: Julian Squires <tek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:58:34 -0330
On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 06:49:03AM +0000, Erik Mooney wrote:
> Depends on what the tool is, of course, but Java would be a point against
> it as far as I'm concerned.  Unless you can find a Java VM that runs
> stuff as fast as my C++ compiler.

Also, Java, sadly enough, isn't really as portable as people seem
to think it is. I'd prefer C or perl.

> >      All-around graphic design--->hex--->binary editor
> >      (more than a text editor, less than a TIA emulator)
[snip about IDE]
> Or pretty much anything more integrated than what I'm using now, which is
> DOS EDIT, DASM, PCAE, Makewav, and the Windows media player.  (Was there
> a tie-them-together program that I missed somewhere along the way?  I've
> a funny feeling there was...)

While I have been writing something that might be appropriate (sort of a
reverse engineering suite), the ideal thing is practically written
for us. An emacs or xemacs mode would provide everything you're asking
for with the least effort. (And the xemacs mode would be able to provide
graphics and audio and everything)

--
  -/
 |/|  Julian Squires <tek@xxxxxxx>