Re: [stella] 2600 PokeDex

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 PokeDex
From: Lee Krueger <leekru19@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:48:14 -0800
Chris Cracknell wrote:

> I've been looking at this interface that links the Gameboy's GameLink
> port up to a PC's parallel port and it occures to me that it should
> be a very simple adaptation to make an interface that hooks the
> Gameboy's GameLink port up to an Atari 2600's Joystick port.
>
> It's very hard to find data though on how the Gameboy's GameLink port works.
> But I think it should be possible to read the serial data comming off the
> GameLink. The GameLink port is a very slow serial port so I don't think
> speed would be an issue.
>
> Just imagine the possibilities this could have for homebrew Gameboy/Atari
> games!

Damn good idea Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pokemon aside, why don't we use an Atari Lynx instead though? Imagine creating
a cart for the Lynx to offer some sort of artificial intelligence routines for
player Atrai games. Obviously the Atari games would have to be modified. But
can you imagine, one player Indy 500 or 1 player Warlords with 3 other A.I.
players. Wohoooo!!!!!!! The possibilities are endless......

Again, good thinking Chris...

Lee
--
ResQsoft - Trade/Buy/Sell Classic Video Games at reasonable prices
<http://idt.net/~leekru19/resqsoft.htm>