Re: [stella] 2600 PokeDex

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 PokeDex
From: Chris Cracknell <ad329@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:12:36 -0500 (EST)
In article <36C244ED.4EC9EB80@xxxxxxx>, you wrote:
>Chris Cracknell wrote:

>> Just imagine the possibilities this could have for homebrew Gameboy/Atari
>> games!
>
>Damn good idea Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Pokemon aside, why don't we use an Atari Lynx instead though? Imagine creating
>a cart for the Lynx to offer some sort of artificial intelligence routines for
>player Atrai games. Obviously the Atari games would have to be modified. But
>can you imagine, one player Indy 500 or 1 player Warlords with 3 other A.I.
>players. Wohoooo!!!!!!! The possibilities are endless......
>
>Again, good thinking Chris...
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Sure, I'm sure that the link port on the Lynx and GameGear can be hooked
up to the 2600's joystick port as easily as I envision the Gameboy's being
interfaced. But I'd imagine that since there are so many more Gameboys
than there are any of the other handhelds that there would likely be
a bigger userbase for Gameboy/2600 games.

Maybe a version of Edtris than can be played against a person with Gameboy
tetris?... well that would be kind of lame since you could just as easily
write a 2 player tetris on the 2600.

Oh! I know! Writing a program to dump GB Camera images to the 2600. Why?
I dunno... because you can I guess.

                                 CRACKERS
                    (Endless possibilities from hell!!!!)

--

Collector of Atari 2600 carts - Accordionist - Bira Bira Devotee - Anime fan
*       http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html         | Crackers' Arts Base *