Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?

Subject: Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:25:22 +0100
At 01:41 11.02.99 -0500, you wrote:

>So with two AUDV regs, it would be possible to A) mix two channels of
>sample playback OR B) add some resolution beyond 4 bits to your sound
>sample by clever manipulation of AUDV0 and AUDV1??

It seems as if the output of both channels gets summed up for the mono
output signal. You probably just have to put the high nibble into AUDV0
and the low nibble into AUDV1 to get 8 bit output. You only have to make
sure that the two writes are as close together as possible.

Also you should use a higher sample rate. Noone could undestand the words
in say.bin at 4000 Hz. I think even telephones have a sample rate of
6000 Hz or so.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg